This is an Intermediate Course within Nonprofit University's
Events need to be engaging enough to get people involved in the short-term, but carefully planned to support your long-term needs. From setting your event goals to marketing, creating and maintaining a budget to securing in-kind donations and sponsorships, this course covers all the bases necessary for hosting the most successful event possible.
What You'll Learn
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Determining what type of event to hold, who event audience should be, and what call-to-action you want to make.
- Construct a business case for the event.
- Create a fundraising event plan, including goals, volunteer and staff support needed, and an events checklist.
- Determine logistics including location, food and beverage, and entertainment.
- Develop an events budget.
- Develop a marketing plan for your event.
- Make events a part of the donor cultivation pipeline.
- Manage risk and exposure.
- Secure in-kind support and sponsorships for an event.
- Balance your events portfolio.
- Develop a “run of show” document and stage a “walk-through.”
- Integrate donor contact management systems into the event registration process.
Bundle and Save!
We have carefully curated four intermediate certificates to offer next-level training in critical development practice areas. Investing in a certificate provides a more robust learning experience and significant cost savings.
Thanks to The Wells Fargo Foundation, limited scholarship opportunities are available for eligible organizations.
- Coming soon
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
GCN Member: $150