Revenue forecasting – making confident projections for incoming funds to help guide decision making – is a vital competency, not only for finance and accounting staff but for all senior staffers and anyone else who oversees a budget.
With ongoing social and economic uncertainty, strength in revenue forecasting could be the difference that keeps your organization above the fray, out of the pitfalls, and ahead of the pack. In addition, it can also make a big difference when it comes to making your case to funders.
Get set for 2021 with this relatable, practical, and timely class.
- What is revenue forecasting? What story does a revenue forecast tell? Why does it matter?
- Basics of annual budget preparation and its impact on forecasting.
- Methods used in revenue forecasting, and why to use one over another.
- Making safe revenue projections and calculating revenue trends.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define revenue forecasting.
- Explain multiple methods for revenue forecasting.
- Calculate a revenue trend percentage.
- Create revenue forecasts with quarterly, semi-annual, and annual overlooks.
This class is a perfect primer for program managers and other team members needing a focused introduction to revenue forecasting, and an ideal refresher for senior staff. Participants should have a working knowledge of basic finance, including the ability to read and interpret an income statement, and to build and review a program budget.
Paula Scotman has 20 years of experience in nonprofit financial management and human resources. Her career began in New York where she worked as a contract auditor with KPMG, conducting nonprofit and government audits. She later worked as the Senior Director of Finance and Systems for Church World Service’s Immigration and Refugee Program. Most recently Paula worked as the Associate Director of Finance at Emory University’s Campus Life Finance Service Center. There she managed a budget of $47M and was responsible for the daily finance and human resource operations for Campus Life Residence Life & Housing. She is currently the CFO at New American Pathways.
- August 18, 2021
You will receive log-in information after registering for the course.
August 18, 2021