Part 1: Essentials, gives you everything you need to know on how your QuickBooks® files need to be set up in order to provide the reporting your board, accountant, and you need to operate a nonprofit. The materials will cover the basics of setting up and entering transactions specifically for Nonprofits, as well as advanced topics and an overview of the software updates included in the QuickBooks® 2017
Essentials Topics Include:
• Setting up the correct Accounts
• Entering Your Programs.
• Adding Your Annual Budget.
• Entering Your Outside Payroll.
• Creating Reports for the Board.
• Creating Reports for Your Accountant.
• Tracking Your Members and Donors.
• Tracking Grants, Pledges, and Dues.
• Year-End Acknowledgments.
Plus: What’s New in QuickBooks
• Insights Tab Updated in 2015
• Comments on Reports in 2015
• Track Potential Donors in the new Lead Center
• New Calendar that includes: Appointments and To-Do’s
• Attaching Scan Documents for free
• Using the New Report Center
• Cutting & Pasting lists from Excel into QuickBooks
• Updating to the latest Version
• Comparing the On-Line Edition to the Desktop Version
• New search feature and more
Part 2: Beyond the Essentials-For those of you who want to learn more than just the Essentials, Part 2, is definitely more intense. This section will cover advanced material to really help you do some helpful and amazing things.
The advanced topics include:
• Tracking Special Fundraising Events.
• Printing personalized Donor Thank-You Letters directly from QuickBooks
• Tracking Funds
• Two Ways to get year-end donor- Acknowledgements
• Finding Bank Reconciliation Outages
• Recording In-Kind Contributions
• Customizing Forms
• Memorizing Repeating Transactions.
• Auto-Recording Membership Dues.
• Tracking Volunteers.
• Advanced Budgeting by Grant/Program.
• Advanced method of Auto-Allocating Expenses to Programs/Grants.
• And More!
This course is designed for those new to QuickBooks, as well as advanced Desktop users. Gregg will stay after class to answer questions as well.
Gregg S. Bossen, CPA
President, Owner & Founder | Gregg S. Bossen, CPA PC
Gregg S. Bossen is a practicing CPA with a full-service accounting firm located in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 2000, Gregg has been teaching QuickBooks® seminars around the country for various groups and is considered to be an expert in the program. He has taught both new users as well as other CPAs, who are themselves considered experts in the software. Gregg is an Advanced certified QuickBooks® Pro Advisor.
Annually, Gregg teaches for Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks®, during the QuickBooks® Accountant’s Update Seminar given around the country. The seminar’s purpose is to teach accountants the new features available in the latest version of QuickBooks®. In total, Gregg has taught over 1500 seminars to more than 35,000 students. Presently, Gregg is teaching a live seminar designed exclusively for nonprofit organizations around the country.
- August 21, 2018
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Part 1 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Part 2 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Part 1: Essentials $129
Part 2: Advanced $119
Part 1 and Part 2: $179.00
Use the Discount Code: GCN at registration to receive a $20 discount.
Registration for this event is through QuickBooks® Made Easy, GCN’s programming partner for this training series.
Questions? Contact David Webb at 1(888) 726-2333 or [email protected]
quickbooksmadeeasy.com. TA Funds are not available for this training.