An organization’s greatest asset is the team of individuals who unite behind the mission and vision. In our rapidly changing environment, the ability of leaders to develop, support, and lead teams through change is crucial to sustainability and success. Impactful leaders must facilitate shared ownership of work, decisions, and results, by both inspiring (mind set) and empowering (skill set) team members to take initiative, solve problems, and innovate. Staff retention is driven by an organization’s development of individuals, found in opportunities for meaningful contribution as well as in the purposeful transfer of knowledge and skills. This session will prepare you to fortify the building blocks of a resilient organization—the people—with an intentional culture that guides everyone, together, through change.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine your ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Describe how to foster a healthy organizational culture.
- Recognize effective ways to lead a team through change.
- New leaders, or emerging leaders aspiring to move into formal leadership positions
- Leaders working through or anticipating a change/pivot, including those supervising teams, such as CEOs/EDs and Program Directors
About the facilitator
Elizabeth Runkle has worked with and on behalf of low-wealth and marginalized populations to create a positive social impact over the last 12 years. She brings a unique background of generating and implementing innovative and break-through ideas within the social sector. Elizabeth holds an MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business where she was a CASE (Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship) Scholar.
- December 12, 2018
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303