This daylong workshop will unpack the challenges and opportunities that our rapidly-changing environment offers nonprofit leaders. Leadership must keep the board engaged, account for staff and program performance, manage finances, and keep up with resource development, including donor cultivation – many hats for one person to wear. Add in deeper undertakings like strategy, change management, and community relations, and the high level of difficulty is clear. This workshop will prepare you to build and maintain a resilient organization, including the theory, practical techniques, formal assessments, and case studies you need to handle the full range of responsibilities.
Key components include:
- Developing a leadership mindset for today’s nonprofit
- Understanding the characteristics of a high performing nonprofit
- Trends in fundraising and sustainability
- Managing through emotional intelligence, equity, and inclusion
What you’ll learn:
- Leadership styles in an environment of change
- Of-the-moment trends impacting nonprofits, including fundraising currents
- An understanding of organizational culture and change management strategies
- New tools for using emotional intelligence, inclusion, equity, and other concepts to manage today’s workforce
Existing leaders in organizations: board officers, management, executive staff, and anyone else responsible for leading others in a nonprofit organization.
About the facilitator
Executive Vice President, Programs
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
Kathy has 20 years of experience teaching performance management to nonprofit and government agencies (federal, state, and local) through GCN and The Performance Institute. She’ll share principles and tips she developed through her work with those organizations, and with the funders that support them, to help you define impact and performance.
- May 3, 2018
Gwinnett Coalition for Health & Human Services
750 S Perry Street
2nd floor, Suite 231
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Receive $50 off per class for multiple class registrations and for additional registrants from the same organization. To register at discounted rates, please call Jean-Patrick Guichard at 678-916-3001.
Thank you to our sponsors, Primerica and Nordson, and partner Gwinnett Coalition for Health & Human Services for hosting the series.