Your “case statement,” the argument for supporting your work, is one of the most important messages you can craft for your nonprofit. Case statements and summaries form the foundation for all of your donor communications and asks, and provide a valuable resource for everyone who is soliciting donations on your organization’s behalf.
In this course tailored to capital campaigns, you will learn how case statements and case summaries differ and what should be included in each. You will be guided through the process of drafting your organization's case for support and case summary. Activities will include evaluating sample case statements and learning about sources for help on crafting effective case statements and summaries
By the end of this course, you will be able to…
- Create a master case (or “value proposition”) for supporting the organization's capital campaign.
- Demonstrate how your capital campaign's goals increase the organization's impact and support the mission.
- Translate critical benefits into clear and compelling messaging adapted for specific audiences.
- Executive Directors /CEOs
- Development Directors/Officers/VPs
- Other Development support staff
- Board finance, fundraising, facilities, and capital-campaign committee chairs