The size of major gifts is relative to each organization. It’s their respective impact relative to the budget that makes the difference at organizations of all sizes. Major gifts offer a deeper opportunity for donor engagement and impact, and transformation and acceleration for organizations and their clients. How does major giving fit into the sector’s broader fundraising landscape? How do major donors see themselves, and what do they expect from organizations they are involved with? How can organizations drive the conversation while meeting the interests of both itself and major donors?
In the course you will learn how to find the answers to essential fundraising questions: What are “major” gifts? How does a major-giving strategy fit within our larger individual fundraising? Are we major-gift ready?
- Trends in major giving
- Defining “major” gifts
- Relationship between major-donor strategy and your broader fundraising from individuals
- Aligning major giving with strategic plan and goals
- Assessing organizational and departmental capacity
- Define major gifts.
- Explain trends in major giving in the nonprofit sector.
- Determine whether your organization is ready for an intentional major-gift strategy.
- Fundraising and development staff
- Marketing/communications staff
- Senior leadership
- Board members, especially serving on fundraising committees
- March 31, 2021
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
March 31, 2021
Thanks to the generous support of The Wells Fargo Foundation, GCN offers a limited number of partial scholarships for staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend Nonprofit University. Learn more