This is an Intermediate Course within Nonprofit University's
While it's tempting to think of government funding as "free money," securing a grant or contract is a complex process that requires significant time and expertise. The support of government agencies comes with significant obligations, and this course will prepare your organization for the extensive work necessary.
What You'll Learn
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Evaluate government Notices of Funding Available (NOFA) to assess the fit of your organization or programs and, if needed, secure a federal grant evaluator.
- Fill out government grant applications, or find a consultant who can help, and ensure your organization conforms to the uniform administrative requirements.
- Conduct capital asset planning and justification using Office of Management and Budget criteria.
- Track the federal budget process to anticipate grant announcements.
- Implement the correct business management system for federal grants.
- Engage elected officials and build relationships with government funding decision makers.
- Evaluate your organization’s readiness for federal grants.
- Determine specific requirements for what can be covered under federal grants.
- Understand the relationship between local and federal funding streams.
- Coming soon
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
GCN Member: $150
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
Thanks to the generous support of The Wells Fargo Foundation, GCN offers a limited number of partial scholarships for staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend Nonprofit University. Learn more