Transparency inspires donor loyalty and confidence. Beyond what the law dictates, nonprofits must demonstrate their dedication to ethical practices by being transparent with financial information and fundraising practices.
What You'll Learn
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe what ethics are, why they are important and how they apply to nonprofit resource development
- Identify the institutions that define ethics in the field
- Understand the American Fundraising Professional codes of ethics and professional standards
- Address the basic legal, regulatory and ethical issues in corporate fundraising & in-kind donations
- Understand and explain the key compensation issues and the reporting of fundraising expenses by charitable organizations
- Handle unethical behavior or situations and leverage resources available to fundraisers about ethical behavior.