Managing successfully in an organization centers not only on the efficiency of a team, but also on a manager’s ability to inspire the team and focus on people issues. In this course participants will get an understanding of what it means to create high functioning teams and the role of the supervisor as as a “team builder.” Participants will understand the process for creating team building programs that they can implement in their own organizations.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the functional elements of highly effective teams
- Define strategies that will help the team perform at a higher level
- Develop a team building program
What Makes A Successful Team?
- Defining the qualities and values of effective teams
- Assessing the level of synchronicity needed for your team
- Assessing your employee’s readiness to be an effective team member
- Understanding success indicators for teams
- Defining the process of team building and the role of the supervisor
- Determining your team’s stage of development
Designing a Team-Building Program for Your Organization
- Selecting and using team building activities in your organization
- Identifying sources of team building activities
- Designing a team building process for your organization