Handling performance issues is one of the most common and challenging tasks a manager can face. Investigating employee complaints must be done with an open mind and plenty of forethought because not dealing with employee issues can lead to bigger problems. Managers must also be skilled at dealing with conflict between employees. Conflicts between can create workforce stress that impact performance and teamwork. It is critical to address them quickly, efficiently, and fairly. Participants in this course will learn how to develop solutions for dealing with problem employees, and develop a plan for employee conflict.
- Perform an investigation of an employee complaint.
- Conduct a performance review process.
- Identify the root cause of conflict and take action.
- Defining legal issues related to employee discipline and termination
- Taking steps to investigate a complaint
- Documenting your investigation process
- Defining conflict and the factors that influence it
- Dealing with conflict in a constructive way
- Defining the underlying problem
- Discussing issues and concerns with employees
- Taking corrective action
- Terminating employment
- February 25, 2020
- September 30, 2020
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.
January 25, 2020
September 30, 2020