Appropriate supervision and training are crucial if you want volunteers to perform their best, enjoy their experience with your organization, and volunteer again. In this course, we’ll discuss best practices for volunteer HR, including policies and procedures, background checks, supervision, and training for diverse types of volunteer roles. Learners will get to practice building these plans and practices, getting the fundamental pieces of an effective volunteer-management portfolio underway.
- Effective volunteer orientation and training
- Volunteer supervision
- Volunteer engagement
- HR best practices, including policies and procedures
- Develop volunteer training and development plans.
- Describe the components of effective orientation and training.
- Successfully discuss volunteer performance issues.
- Apply HR best practices, including policies and procedures.
- Volunteer coordinators/managers
- Program staff members who supervise/manage volunteers
Amanda Bisgaard is the Family Literacy Program Manager at Hands On Atlanta where she focuses on building capacity of parents in early language and literacy acquisition. Amanda comes to Hands On Atlanta from the American Red Cross of TN where she led volunteer recruitment and engagement efforts for local and national disaster relief. Prior to the Red Cross, Amanda completed an AmeriCorps service term with National Civilian Community Corps, supporting disaster preparedness and response. Amanda serves as the board chair of the Young Nonprofit Professional Network of Atlanta, and volunteers in the infant room at Our House. In her free time Amanda enjoys paddle boarding, reading, and traveling.
- October 27, 2020
You will receive log-in information after registering for the course.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.