Human capital is one of the most important assets of a nonprofit organization. Too often the assets are not effectively utilized. Having an effective resource plan is essential. Nonprofit organizations must have a key focus on creating an organizational culture where all stakeholders are motivated to move the mission of the organization forward. Participants will be presented with tools for designing and implementing effective systems for recruiting and retaining exceptional people.
- Recognize practices for staff recruitment and retention that meet legal compliance and foster employee satisfaction.
- Describe the process for designing volunteer positions that support organizational/programmatic goals and promote volunteer connection with the organization.
- Explain the relationship between emotional intelligence and effective management of staff and volunteers.
- Legal compliance and policy development
- Best practices in recruitment and employment
- Volunteer management
- Rights and responsibilities of volunteers
- Turning volunteers into organization advocates