Human capital is one of the most important assets of a nonprofit organization. Too often the assets are not effectively utilized. Having an effective resource plan is essential. Nonprofit organizations must have a key focus on creating an organizational culture where all stakeholders are motivated to move the mission of the organization forward. Participants will be presented with tools for designing and implementing effective systems for recruiting and retaining exceptional people.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize practices for staff recruitment and retention that meet legal compliance and foster employee satisfaction.
- Describe the process for designing volunteer positions that support organizational/programmatic goals and promote volunteer connection with the organization.
- Name the primary legal responsibilities (duties) of the nonprofit board and characteristics of effective board–staff partnership.
- Legal compliance and policy development
- Best practices in recruitment and employment
- Volunteer management
- Rights and responsibilities of volunteers
- Turning volunteers into organization advocates
Building a High Performing Board
- Roles and responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Board recruitment and orientation
- Maximizing board effectiveness