Lead to effectively drive positive change.
Change is exciting for anyone who loves opportunities to grow, learn about new things, or shift the status quo. Change can also be a mental and emotional challenge, leading to expressions of fear, denial, resistance, and anger. Fortunately, we can take concrete steps to de-fang change, utilizing Social and Emotional Intelligence to understand how people – ourselves and others – process and respond to it.
In the nonprofit sector, change management practices are essential for navigating the big, inevitable inflection points: when new leadership emerges, internal culture shifts, or leading a community in a new direction. As a process and strategy, change management is also vital for improving performance outcomes and responding to environmental shifts in funding, finance, and politics.
Leaders must understand not only the theory and process of change, but how to help people overcome their resistance and pitch in. This powerful two-day workshop marries the 26 research-based competencies of Social and Emotional Intelligence with John Kotter’s pioneering eight-step process for leading any group through needed changes. Participants will also gain a powerful framework for influencing change in their own teams, no matter how big or small, by reading and unpacking the New York Times bestseller Our Iceberg Is Melting.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Awareness of your personal style regarding change, your response to new or unexpected situations, and the responses common to people on any team
- How to improve your response to change, based on your personal style
- How the change management process works
- The eight-step change management model for successfully driving a change process
- Strategies for identifying organizational resistance to change, and approaches for managing it
Communication techniques to help others better support your change agenda
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Staff managing programs up through executive leadership
- March 26 & 27, 2019
- September 24 & 25, 2019
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
March 26 & 27, 2019
September 24 & 25, 2019