Announcing our 2021 Nonprofit Advanced Board Development Clinic: a two-part evening-time learning and action-planning experience designed to provide nonprofit executives and board members with not only the knowledge, skills, and resources to tackle real-world governance challenges, but also time to build their annual board development plan.
That's right: You'll develop a 12-month board development plan during this two-session workgroup for your board.
Centered on best practices for nonprofit boards, current trends, and how boards are changing, this clinic will also include reminders about key roles and responsibilities for boards. Join other boards to hear about what successful boards do, how to evolve your board to welcome diversity and equity, and what a board development plan looks like. You'll also work in a breakout room with your team to start building your own board development action plan.
Each participating organization will have the opportunity to complete a self-assessment, which will be analyzed and compiled in a report that we will share with you to better understand your strengths and weakness as an organization.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Explore best practices with other nonprofit executives and board members
- Take away the current trends and how boards are evolving
- Learn key governance principles that distinguish exceptional boards
- Receive tools and templates to make your board work clearer
- Roles and responsibilities of an effective board member
- Core governance structure
- Best practices of high-functioning boards
- Key governance principles that distinguish exceptional boards
- Tools and practices of exceptional boards
- 12-month board development plan
Executive Vice President, Programs
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
Kathy has 20 years of experience teaching performance management to nonprofit and government agencies (federal, state, and local) through GCN and The Performance Institute. She’ll share principles and tips she developed through her work with those organizations, and with the funders that support them, to help you define impact and performance. Learn more.
- Day 1: September 23, 2021
- Day 2: October 7, 2021
You will receive log-in information after registering for the course.
The registration fee is per organization.
This training is designed to encourage group participation and should include Board Members, the Executive Director, and senior leadership members. Please be sure at least 3 board members are able to participate. After completing the online registration, please provide a complete list of attendees by sending a follow-up email to [email protected].
September 23 & October 7, 2021
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 678-916-3081.