Funding and Resource Opportunities | July 2021Kelli Lynn Karanovich
(Image: Pepi Stojanovski)
Just some of the issues addressed in this month’s new opportunities: health equity, HIV and AIDS initiatives, outdoor recreational spaces, disaster relief, and access to technology.
Support opportunities are listed chronologically by deadline, with open-deadline appeals at the bottom. Entries highlighted in orange are newly-added this month.
► For our complete list of COVID-related support opportunities, check this continually-updated list, which also includes discount services.
Defender Above & Beyond Service Awards
Deadline: July 27
Community organizations that go "above and beyond" expectations for environmental protection, urban improvement, or fire safety and response are eligible to receive a Land Rover Defender vehicle. View details.
GRANTS now available
Community Grant Program
Deadline: July 23 (letter of interest)
Up to $10,000 available for infrastructure projects and advocacy initiatives that promote safe community biking. View details.
► ViiV Healthcare
Positive Action Grant Program
Deadline: July 23
Three-year grants, for up to $300,000 total, will be provided to programs that advance leadership, advocacy, prevention, and care for cis and trans women of color "living with, vulnerable to, or impacted by HIV." View details.
► William G. Pomeroy Foundation
Hungry for History Grant
Deadline: July 26 (letter of intent)
Funding available to help organizations share community history by providing roadside markers that highlight regional dishes developed prior to 1960. View details.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
Deadline: July 30
Apply for inclusion in an "opportunity catalog" that funds unique and tangible items (beyond an organization's operating budget) that will enhance mission work. View details.
Oxbow Animal Health
Animal Rescue Grants
Deadline: July 31
Up to $20,000 provided to shelters and animal rescue organizations for education and outreach, capital improvement, or operating support. View details.
Barbara McDowell and Gerald S. Hartman Foundation
Social Justice Litigation Grants
Deadline: August 1
Funding is available for organizations participating in social justice litigation, with a focus on disability, domestic violence, environmental justice, healthcare, homelessness, immigration, voting, and the rights of children, Native Americans, prisoners, veterans, and refugees. View details.
Department of Agriculture
Rural Innovation Stronger Economy (RISE) Grant Program
Deadline: August 2
Up to $200,000 available for the creation of new jobs and businesses that utilize local resources within eligible low-income, rural communities. View details.
Kent Richard Hofmann Foundation
Deadline: August 6
Funding available for services and educational programs that enhance the wellbeing of individuals and communities impacted by HIV and AIDS. View details.
► The Alongside Wildlife Foundation
Deadline: August 13
Up to $2500 to develop and implement solutions for improving humanity's relationship with terrestrial and shoreline animals in the area of natural history, science communication, or "living alongside wildlife." View details.
Disability Inclusion Fund
Deadline: August 13
Between $40,000 and $100,000 will go to organizations "working to strengthen disability inclusion, rights, and justice," with priority going to disability-led organizations. View details.
Vista Outdoor Foundation
Deadline: August 15
Funding provided for preserving open spaces, expanding access to outdoor recreation, and encouraging time away from screens. View details.
► Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
Deadline: August 18
Up to $50,000 provided to community initiatives offering physical resources and educational programing to increase public safety, assist first responders, or provide disaster relief. View details.
Deadline: August 22
Three unrestricted 3-year grants of $200,000 will go to support traditionally overlooked social enterprises that are "leveraging community strengths to make Atlanta a place where everyone can thrive." View details.
Community Impact Grant Program
Deadline: August 27
Up to $25,000 available for programs designed to bolster health equity within communities disproportionately impacted by social determinants of health. View details.
Deadline: August 31
Up to $50,000 for programs that support dentists and primary care providers in offering culturally-competent care to BIPOC individuals living with developmental disabilities. View details.
National Football League Foundation
Digital Divide Grant Program
Deadline: September 1
Up to $30,000 available for programs that provide essential technology, including computers and internet access, to communities in need. View details.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
Deadline: Open (as of now)
As much as $50,000 will be provided to organizations that increase public engagement with and access to various forms of art, with priority going to organizations that focus on diversity, racial equity, and inclusion. Note: To encourage more applicants, the application deadline is currently suspended. View details.
Previously-listed OPEN deadlines
- Anthem Foundation | Social drivers of health issues. View details.
- BoatUS | Safe and clean boating practices. View details.
- Borealis Philanthropy | Police accountability. View details.
- Borealis Philanthropy | Help for trans-led organizations. View details.
- Bob Barker Company Foundation | Reentry post-incarceration. View details.
- Can'd Aid | Recycling programs and educational services. View details.
- Cornell Douglas Foundation | Environmental health and justice, K-12 financial literacy. View details.
- Craig Newmark Philanthropies | Grassroots efforts. View details.
- David Rockefeller Fund | The arts, criminal justice, environment. View details.
- First Horizon Foundation | Atlanta-area arts and culture, education, leadership, environment, financial literacy, health, human services. View details.
- The Glaser Progress Foundation | Measuring progress, independent and unheard voices. View details.
- The Home Depot Foundation | Volunteerism. View details.
- Kars4Kids | Education, mentoring, youth development. View details.
- Lyft | Essential goods delivery or client transportation; COVID-related. View details.
- MLB-MLBPA Youth Development Foundation | Youth baseball and softball. View details.
- MUFG Union Bank Foundation | Atlanta-area affordable housing, economic development, social and economic justice. View details.
- National Geographic | Remote learning in science, social studies, or geography; COVID-related. View details.
- Open Technology Fund | Human rights. Internet freedom. Open societies. View details.
- Public Welfare Foundation | Criminal and youth justice system reform. View details.
- Resist | Efforts in response to timely political or cultural events. View details.
- School-Based Healthcare Solutions Network | School-based telehealth programs; COVID-related. View details.
- The Solutions Project | Transition to clean energy. View details.
- Wallace Global Fund | Catalyzing significant change. View details.
- Wish You Well Foundation | Literacy skills for adults. View details.
Kelli Lynn Karanovich is a professional copywriter and educator who publishes poems and essays as Kelli Lynn Grey.