Board Development and Governance
Your board should act as your own internal consulting firm, contributing insight, value, and results. But high-impact boards don’t just happen: They are crafted with intention and understanding.
Ready to transform the way your board and management team work together, amplify leadership impact, and achieve more powerful results? Our Nonprofit Consulting Group can help, with a board development and governance impact practice offering multiple areas of support.
GOVERNANCE IMPACT AND ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
You’ve got a strategic plan, but do you have a plan to get the board involved in making it happen? Our experts have helped hundreds of organizations improve governance by starting with the number one issue: engaging the board to fulfill its governance responsibilities.
Our consulting and coaching team covers the full range of governance areas and engagement strategies, with offerings that include:
- Board assessments and transformation strategy.
- Comprehensive board development plans, covering growth, skill-building, and recruitment.
- Board retreat design and facilitation for organizational planning, board structuring, effective committee work, and governance process design.
- Executive succession and transition plans to prepare boards and executives for planned and unplanned departures.
- Custom training in all dimensions of governance, including roles and responsibilities, fundraising skills, management collaboration, investment oversight, risk management, nonprofit accountability, and financial acumen.
BOARD DEVELOPMENT AND ALIGNMENT
Our unique method for board development aligns member roles with strategic aims, transforming the way nonprofits choose and empower leaders to make an impact.
Three ways our experts help build great boards:
- Recruitment assistance, determining the skills and values you need, then identifying candidates through our deep connections in corporate and nonprofit communities.
- On-boarding strategies that ensure new directors gain a solid understanding of roles and responsibilities, strategic purpose, and how they add value.
- Sustained engagement processes that establish expectations and standardize board management, including individual and group assessments, peer benchmarking, tactical governance, and management collaboration.
To learn more about how GCN's Consulting Group can make the most of your board, contact us at [email protected] or call 678.916.3082.