This all-day workshop covers the essentials of how to turn organizational needs into fundable ideas and present them in competitive proposals to foundations and corporations. The session content will take you from fundamental to advanced grant writing techniques and strategies to strengthen your grant writing skills.
Learn how to create a budget and effectively format proposals that are tailored to your case and creatively utilize appropriate buzz words that will capture the intended audience to bring in the funding your organization needs.
After this workshop, you will have the tools needed to successfully craft your winning proposal!
Recommended for those with minimal to intermediate experience in writing grant proposals.
Part I (focus on writing):
- The strategy of winning grants
- The anatomy of a strong proposal—Reviewing proposal format and components
- Telling your story—How to write a compelling narrative that makes funders WANT to fund you!
Part II (focus on research):
- Locating sources
- Ascertaining and meeting funders' proposal needs
- Organizing information and needs
- Developing budgets for grants
- May 10, 2017
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
100 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Great class! I learned so much about grant writing. The instructor really knew how to present formal information in a way that was engaging and relevant. I also greatly appreciated the opportunities to practice what was discussed as we progressed throughout the class.
Davida McConico, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Inc.