Get an inside look at what leading development officers are doing in major gift fundraising. Join GCN Senior Consultant Dennis Hanthorn and a panel of fundraisers to learn best practices, avoid the pitfalls, and plan for successful major giving in the coming year.
In this ever-changing fundraising environment, nothing is better than sharing best practices with those who are doing the work and doing it well. That’s why we’re proud to convene leading development officers here in Atlanta to discuss practical strategies and techniques that lead to success in major giving, and the pitfalls we can all avoid. This event should not be missed by any organization that is cultivating major-gift donors in the coming year.
During this event we’ll be asking our panelists:
- What changes have you made to your major gift efforts in the past decade?
- What techniques are working best?
- How does your board participate in the major gift campaigns?
- What percentage of your contributed income comes from major gifts?
- How are you preparing for your organization’s future major-gift fundraising needs?
- What would you recommend to an individual interested in getting involved as a major gifts officer?
There will also be plenty of time set aside for you to ask panelists your own questions, and for lively discussion of their insights.
About our Host
Georgia Center for Nonprofits
Dennis Hanthorn has more than 30 years of experience in the nonprofit industry and a history of building organizations in Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Dayton. His areas of expertise include: organizational development, fundraising assessment and recommendations, fiscal management, strategic planning and board governance.
Friday, June 23, 2017
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Luce Center at Emory University
825 Houston Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30329
This event is complimentary and exclusively for staff and board members of GCN member nonprofits.
If you need assistance with logging in and registering for this event, please call our GCN membership team at 678-916-3080.